At Ark Vets we are committed to providing the best standard of care for your pet, we offer a Saturday and Sunday morning consulting service to give you access to your own vet seven days a week.
If your pet is admitted during our opening times and needs to stay with us, rest assured they will be staying here at Ark Veterinary Surgery as an inpatient with one of our duty vets.
We use a local dedicated out of hours service provider which allows us to concentrate on delivering the highest level of care for your pet in the daytime and throughout the night as an inpatient with us. Woodcroft Veterinary Hospital in Cheadle are our out of hours provider and ensures access to specialist emergency care whatever the problem, whatever the hour, outside of our normal opening hours.
To access emergency help outside of our opening hours please contact the normal surgery numbers 01565 872035 / 01606 810777 an automated message will guide you through to Woodcroft Veterinary Hospital, please try to remain calm.
Times to call
- Bloat (large dog vomiting or retching with little or no stomach contents, bloated or distended stomach)
- Cuts bleeding continuously
- All road traffic accidents
- Cats with open mouth breathing or panting
- Cat or dog unable to urinate
- Collapsed cat or dog
- All poisonings this includes slug pellets, ibuprofen, chocolates, raisins and cats that have consumed anti-freeze/Lilies (please if you can, bring the packet with you)
- Overdose of medicine
- All animals that have swallowed something such as bones, toys and especially cats who have swallowed string
- Vomiting or diarrhoea that has lasted more than 48hrs
- All eye injuries
- Pregnancy complications
This is not an exhaustive list and we would advise you to get in touch if you are at all concerned for the health of your pet.